Work Related Injuries
A trip to the chiropractor may be in order if you have been involved in an injury at your job. You’ll be glad to know that the team at North Charleston SC, led by Dr. Carolyn Hunter has years of experience helping patients with their work related injury treatments. We offer a supportive, nurturing environment where you can get the relief you need following an accident or injury at your job site.
Common Causes of Injuries in the Workplace Your Chiropractor Can Treat
If you’ve never been to a chiropractor before, you might not be aware of the various conditions that can be treated by a chiropractic professional. After being injured at work, it’s essential to see your chiropractor so you can be diagnosed and then get a customized treatment program. Some common causes are:
- Tripping or slipping: (slippery floors are a common cause of significant workplace injuries requiring chiropractic adjustment.)
- Falling from a great height: (whether from a ladder inside a warehouse or from the roof of a factory, falls can lead to injuries where chiropractic intervention is indicated.)
- Being struck by a vehicle: (on company premises, such as by a forklift inside a warehouse or factory, or while on the road while traveling in a company vehicle.)
- Trapped in mechanical equipment: (from large devices that are designed to crush heavy items for routine compaction to equipment used in the manufacturing process.)
- Overdoing it: (workers who try to apply more force than is actually required to complete a task, such as when lifting or carrying large items.)
- Repetitive actions: (when employees are forced to do the same action over and over, injuries are a common result. For example, workers who type all day, every day at a desk, leading to numbness and tingling in the arms and hands.)
How the Chiropractor Can Help Treat Your Workplace Injury
Your chiropractor has years of experience assisting patients who have been hurt while working.
Dr. Hunter will carefully evaluate you and then select from a range of options for treatment, including spinal manipulation as well as soft tissue work. With spinal adjustments, you can achieve improved mobility in your spine.
A spine that has been returned to its proper and ideal alignment enables you to move normally again. The chiropractor can utilize massage, ultrasound treatment, trigger point therapy and other therapeutic modalities to improve your situation and get you back to work in much better shape.
Make an Appointment for Work Related Injuries in North Charleston SC Today
If you have sustained any type of injury while on the job in North Charleston SC, it’s crucial to arrange for treatment from your preferred chiropractic professional as soon as possible. Having a chiropractor consult, examine and treat you will ensure that your condition improves so that you can get back to your normal routines at work and home. For more information about our services or to make an appointment, please call Health Edge Group Medical & Wellness Center at (843) 569-2225 today!