Having chronic knee pain can affect your mobility as well as the activities that you are able to engage in. While over-the-counter pain relievers and medications can temporarily ease your pain, at The Health Edge Medical and Wellness Center we offer several therapeutic, non-surgical options for regaining your mobility and leading a pain-free life.
The Health Edge Group is located in North Charleston, South Carolina. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and have your chronic knee pain diagnosed and treated with a personalized care plan by our medical team.
WHAT CAUSES KNEE PAIN?
Characterized by pain, swelling, and stiffness in one or both knees, chronic knee pain can be caused by several factors, such as:
- Normal wear and tear
- An overuse or personal injury
- Arthritis and other conditions that directly affect the joints
The knee joint is the largest in the body and can have a significant impact on mobility and overall functionality when pain is present. At The Health Edge Group, our advanced diagnostic testing can help determine the root cause of your knee pain and allow us to create a comprehensive treatment plan for you.
HOW IS KNEE PAIN TREATED?
We offer a wide range of non-surgical, effective options to help treat your knee pain at the source and provide long-term relief. During your consultation, our medical team will assess your unique condition to determine the underlying cause of your pain and tailor a treatment plan to fit your specific needs. Some treatment options include:
- Cold Laser Therapy: Using low-level laser energy, this non-invasive treatment helps generate healing in the musculoskeletal system.
- Physio Therapeutic Modalities: Through a combination of chiropractic care and targeted exercises, this technique restores mobility and function while also working to relieve joint and nerve pressure.
- Inflammation and Joint Injections: A targeted method of pain relief, this treatment consists of small injections of synthetic hormones into painful areas to help the body block pain and relieve symptoms.
- Other Treatment Options: We also offer chiropractic care and other non-surgical options to help safely and effectively provide long-term management to your knee pain. Additionally, our medical team can help you make changes in your life to maintain your flexibility and mobility into the future.
During your initial appointment, our medical team will discuss any possible side effects or risks associated with these treatments and discuss your possible treatment options with you.
Contact The Health Edge Group today to schedule a consultation and have your chronic knee pain evaluated and treated using comprehensive, customized care.