When men and women want to know how much they weigh, most of them use a simple scale. But when it comes to creating a weight management plan that is right for your specific needs, it’s important to first get the breakdown of your body’s individual composition. A scale can only tell you a number, but at The Health Edge Group, we utilize the state-of-the-art InBody test to more accurately determine your body composition.
The Health Edge Group is located in Charleston, South Carolina. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with our medical team and find out how the InBody device can help you achieve your weight management goals.
WHAT IS THE INBODY DEVICE?
This quick and accurate test is user-friendly and can be used with or without a trained professional. The InBody measures the composition of fat, muscle, and water in your body to help determine your individual weight management goals, and this non-invasive, pain-free test can be completed in just a few easy steps:
- Stand on the unit: The InBody has designated places for your feet in order to optimize your test results. Simply align your heels with the rear electrodes and place the rest of your feet on the sole electrodes.
- Enter Your Information: During this step, you will enter a unique ID as well as your age, gender, and height in order to track your data.
- Grab the Hand Electrodes: Extending your arms downward and away from the torso, ensure proper posture and place your thumbs on the top oval electrodes, wrapping your hands around the grips.
- Check out Your Results: Once this fast, 45-second test is complete, your results will print instantly. For efficient data management, these results can also be sent to your personal computer.
WHAT WILL THE RESULTS TELL ME?
The InBody test can give you an in-depth body composition analysis that includes:
- A segmental fat and lean mass analysis to determine how many pounds of lean mass and fat are in each of your body segments. This allows our medical team to see how specific exercise routines and diets affect your body.
- Injury identification to track inflammation, swelling, and injuries while also monitoring how this changes over time.
Our medical team will help you understand and interpret the results of your InBody test and help you get on track to a leaner, fitter, and healthier you using a weight management program that is tailor-made for your body.
Contact The Health Edge Group today to schedule a consultation and find out more information about the InBody testing device and how it can help you on your journey to a healthier, better-looking you.