Ankle Pain Treatment Options
Ankle pain, depending on its severity, can impede your ability to run and sometimes even walk. This significantly reduces your quality of life, as you feel like you’re stuck on the sidelines. If your ankle has left you immobilized, contact us at Health Edge Group & Wellness Center in North Charleston, SC. We can diagnose and treat the source of your pain.
What Causes Ankle Pain?
There are many causes of ankle pain, including some medical conditions. We’ll now explain these causes in more detail:
- Bursitis, a condition that affects the sacs that keep your bones from rubbing up against muscles, tendons, and joints. These sacs fail to do that, leading to pain in the legs or arms.
- Ankle dislocation, which is severe and needs professional medical treatment.
- Ankle fractures, which may occur because of a broken leg. These should be treated seriously as well.
- Flat feet, which affect the way you walk and stand since you have no natural foot arch. This could lead to ankle and foot pain.
- Gout, where joints in the feet and ankles become inflamed and swollen.
- Tendon sheath inflammation, which can also affect the feet and ankles. With this condition, also called tenosynovitis, the tendons in these areas have less lubrication.
- Ankle sprain, which could be caused by a slip and fall, sports injury, or other incident.
What Are the Symptoms?
Depending on what’s causing your ankle discomfort, the symptoms may vary. The biggest symptom is pain, which may be dull and throbbing sometimes and sharp and shooting other times.
Your ankle may be swollen and red. You may not be able to put any weight on that leg. Your leg may feel weak, like you can’t rely on it.
Ankle Pain Treatment Options
At Health Edge Group & Wellness Center, we offer a variety of treatments for your ankle. These include:
- Massage therapy, which can treat your ankle soreness through massage techniques. Your mobility will be improved, your ankle will recover faster, you’ll have fewer muscle spasms, your swelling will go down, and the blood flow will be better in that area.
- Weight loss guidance, as sometimes your pain may be caused by carrying extra weight. We’ll help you get more vitamins in your diet so you’ll have more energy to tackle your life goals.
- Corrective exercises, which can restore the strength of your ankle after an injury or medical condition. These exercises may be able to prevent further injury.
- Chiropractic adjustments, which target the source of your pain, potentially eliminating it.
About Health Edge Group & Wellness Center, Your North Charleston, SC Chiropractic Center
Led by Carolyn Hunter, our Doctor of Chiropractic, we pride ourselves on reducing pain for our patients. We offer preventative care so our patients are healthier and happier. Whether you want to focus on wellness and health or live a pain-free lifestyle, we can help you meet your goals.
We encourage those who want to learn more to try our website membership program for free. When you’re ready to schedule an appointment, give us a call at (843) 569-2225. You can also visit us at Health Edge Group & Wellness Center on 4965 Center Pointe Drive.